Lead

Dec 25 07 8:03 PM

Tags : :

I've recently purchased a new computer (3 gigs of ram, NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GTS, vista etc) which is, in all aspects, superior to my previous computer that ran XP however N seems to freeze every few seconds with my new system. I've reinstalled Flash, tried using firefox then IE and finally downloaded the actual app and I still have the same problem. Any help would be much appreciated, I truly enjoyed N and hope to continue playing it.

If there is a post similar to this one I did not see it and apologize.
Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 25 07 8:42 PM

Try this; it worked for me.

The problem comes from Vista trying to meld your system sounds together and add audio enhancements, which is why moving N to a lower place in the sound queue sometimes works. Maratanos's solution of disabling the sound output will also work.

But I needed sound effects for running my ninja around; sometimes I just want to hear the little guy explode. Here's what I did:

1.) Go to Start => Control Panel => Sound.
2.) On the Playback tab, right-click your speakers on the list there and select "Properties".
3.) Depending on your speaker setup and your version of Vista, there should be a tab there called "Effects" or "Enhancements" or some such. Check the box marked "Disable System Effects" or "Disable All Enhancements" or whatever.
4.) Play N lag-free!

I hope this works for you as well as it did for me. Enjoy!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 25 07 11:49 PM

Yeah, this often happens on Vista. Known solutions are:

1. Disable special effects, as OrigamiGuy described.

2. Update your sound drivers. This is the least likely to work, but it doesn't reduce sound quality at all. It also prevents you fiddling with settings whenever you want to play N.

3. Disable sound entirely. This is the most likely to work, but rather annoying, for obvious reasons.

The obligatory map link. | St Atilla's College for Ninja is now open! Get the very best in N-related education for your kids! | Atilla's Quintilogy of Five - worth it just for the description! | Atillus Secondus - because too much psuedolatin is never enough. | Conspiration - putting the ? in "WTF?" since 1984.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 26 07 12:15 AM

QUOTE (OrigamiGuy @ December 25, 2007 08:42 pm)

The problem comes from Vista trying to meld your system sounds together and add audio enhancements, which is why moving N to a lower place in the sound queue sometimes works. Maratanos's solution of disabling the sound output will also work.

But I needed sound effects for running my ninja around; sometimes I just want to hear the little guy explode. Here's what I did:

2.) On the Playback tab, right-click your speakers on the list there and select "Properties".
3.) Depending on your speaker setup and your version of Vista, there should be a tab there called "Effects" or "Enhancements" or some such. Check the box marked "Disable System Effects" or "Disable All Enhancements" or whatever.
4.) Play N lag-free!

I love you.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 26 07 1:03 AM

Microsoft should really fix things like this and repair things that people are having problems with or replace them because vista is total ass and is causing too many problems for everyone. Throw vista in the garbage. Go back to windows XP and play N until your 100 years old then pass it on to your grand children.

>stardeash | vermiLLion | vogue | Idle #SyNxT
[spoiler=user posted image]
Single. Hating it. Where is she? I miss the comfort of her being.
|Maesto's Siggy|
|Izzy's Siggy|
|Izzy's Alt Siggy|[/spoiler]|Temporis|WishYouWereHere|AsTheOceansBlue|Korbachev|Atramentis|Topolord|yahoozy|Rocket_Thumped|

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 26 07 2:01 AM

Actually, I followed your instructions about the sound enhancements, but it seems to still lag every few seconds like he explained. I guess I just have to install Windows 2000?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 26 07 2:07 AM

I have Windows Vista, and N rins fine, unless I play for like, 8 hours straight.

I'm I really lucky, or is there a bug in the donwload that I was too earily to get hit by, or what?
Sithmaster

Chewbacca's PokePet
user posted image user posted image
McAwesome the level up Pikachu!

[spoiler]Blue_Tetris: Wait, wait wait. Does this mean I can break the rules to provoke a reaction and not get banned?
...awesome! The next few days are gonna be some fun.

Someguy: Eagles may soar in the sky, but weasels never get sucked right into a jet engine

Steven Colbert: I see patterns where they don't where they don't exist!!!

Mosh: Fishing for fish only works if the fish are hungry. Don't ask the fish why they don't bite. Rather, consider why they aren't biting.
Or simply chuck a grenade in the lake, pick up the dead fish, and call it a day.

capt_weasle: Mare is actually reagan who is really Tsukatu, who is actually just God. And you can't say he isn't because that would mean he doesnt believe in himself. He just has a low self esteem. Poor guy.

Palemoon:thanks, maestro. Now i can stop smearing paste on my face with a broom

Animator:Eat those poor gingerbread men? For shame. Do you know how many widows are in a gingerbread family? Millions. They have been fighting a war with humanity ever since they were made just to survive and live, with no luck! Think of the children, man! Those poor gingerbread children who are orpahns now, because their moms and dads were eaten, AND THEY WILL SHARE THE SAME FATE TOO! It's saddening. Please, go out there and raise money to save this ever-endangered reality of sugar and bread. Please, for the sake of this kind... think of the oven.

Player 1:You may very well be the first person on the planet to have his faced caved in by a fistful of turkey. Congratulations.

user posted image[/spoiler][spoiler]

QUOTE (scythe33)
h = e^k * (q + √)/((w + 1)^2 * d)
where
h = how much we like you,
k = number of times Kablizzy, our awesome administrator, has mentioned you,
e = 2.718281..., which is both constant and irrational, like many things here,
q = number of times you've been quoted
r = number of times someone has replied to you
w = number of warning points you have
d = number of times someone important has disagreed with you
[/spoiler]user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
^I bet you don't want to mess with me now
[spoiler=NUMA maps]please[\spoiler]

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 26 07 2:56 PM

i have the same problem!!

with the sound COMPLETELY DISABLED the game works good, but as soon as i enable the sound i get random lags and pauses in the game + everytime i press and hold any of the arrows or shift or space i get the same lag after roughly half a second.

disabling enhancements and getting the newest driveer didnt help me

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 26 07 7:20 PM

Changing to XP is good because i think it's better and a lot more people know how to use it but at the same time thats bad because vista is the newest installment and people should be getting used to it seeing it is going to probably stick for a while with upgrades and everything to fix all of windows problems with it.

|Maesto's Siggy|
|Izzy's Siggy|
|Izzy's Alt Siggy|[/spoiler]|Temporis|WishYouWereHere|AsTheOceansBlue|Korbachev|Atramentis|Topolord|yahoozy|Rocket_Thumped|

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 27 07 12:52 AM

Changing to XP will probably fix your lag, if that's what you're asking. Whether you are willing to use XP instead of Vista is your concern. You *could* go dual-boot, but that uses more space and it's a bit more difficult to set up.

The obligatory map link. | St Atilla's College for Ninja is now open! Get the very best in N-related education for your kids! | Atilla's Quintilogy of Five - worth it just for the description! | Atillus Secondus - because too much psuedolatin is never enough. | Conspiration - putting the ? in "WTF?" since 1984.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 27 07 1:07 AM

Ya, it's pretty much your own decision. I would say XP but others will say vista and so on. Maybe take Atilla's idea and go dual-boot ? Either way computers are money consuming scams

|Maesto's Siggy|
|Izzy's Siggy|

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 13 08 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Drizzy @ December 26, 2007 12:15 am)
QUOTE (OrigamiGuy @ December 25, 2007 08:42 pm)

4.) Play N lag-free!

I love you.

I love you as well. My problem was that every time that the ninja was going to jump or land the game stopped for an instant; these were not random lags - they were constant.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help